Monday 9 November 2015




Get Hard

The trailer I decided to cut was Get Hard. I chose Get Hard because I watched this movie summer 2015 and it gave myself a good laugh, it is a comedy with 2 pretty skilled actors. Will Ferrel and Kevin hart, brief overview of the movie was Will Ferrel was sentenced to prison because of "money fraud", He got Kevin Hart to help him survive his 10 year sentence at San Quieten prison so the whole movie is about Will Ferrel trying to get protection from Kevin Hart so he can be ready for prison. I decided to change this into a thriller, I used clips from the actual movie rather then the trailer, I watched the  whole movie and cut scenes from the movie to create a thrilling trailer. The music I chose was the Dead Silence theme song, its a suspenseful song that I think  ties in really well with the thriller genre for my mash up. I chose my pace to be slow but fast at the same time, throughout the film the music is slow and tinkering but some scenes are faster then others to create a thrilling vibe throughout this mash up. As for cutting, I chose scenes in the movie that could have potential thrilling aspects and then mashed up scene for scene to create suspense, First off I grabbed the Get hard ending of the movie, I chose to start my trailer with that because of the "bang"already starting off with a thrilling experience, Next I went with Kevin hart bringing his daughter to her prison like school showing how she goes to a really run down school and that she is being scanned before she walks in as a grade 6 girl is threatening. Next scene I included was when Will Ferrel gets back to his car after a car wash done by Kevin Hart,  Kevin hart then bangs on his window just to give back his keys and Will Ferrel gets drastically startled and starts screaming. Next scene was when Kevin Harts day one training from the original movie he shows how aware Will Ferrel must be in prison by always watching his guard so with that clip I tried to show a thrilling scene of just opening a door and not being aware of what will happen next. Lastly the scene I chose was Will Ferrels boiled up anger from everything that has happened throughout the film he takes all his anger out in the prison riot simulation ending off with one of his made shivs to be stuck in his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment